By Lisa Callaghan, Judith Haines, Valerie Harding, Ceinwen Partridge, Sonia Sloan and Liane Small.
In Spring 2018, members of the Cytology Screening team met for 12 weekly creative workshops, led by artist and facilitator, Alice Smith. Together the team explored mosaic making and silk painting.
The imagery in the work on display is reminiscent of the cells and organisms they observed daily in their laboratory roles. Much of this work will now be undertaken by molecular testing. The images on display have been direct scanned and enlarged to show the details and colours.
This work is on permanent display in the Colposcopy Department at The Royal Gwent Hospital.
A 2019 Calendar of these images is available for £5 - all proceeds will go towards Garth and their project with patients, staff and relatives. (Contact Sarah.Goodey@wales.nhs.uk for more details)
- Jazzy the Giraffe Christmas Cards!
- A Candlelit Christmas Concert
- Torfaen Arts - Group Show
- Shaun Ray - Musicpainting
- New Art in Ophthalmology, Royal Gwent Hospital
- @NHH: Sue Hunt & Paul Crompton
- On Show 2022
- On Show: Usk Art Club
- On Show: Glenn Carney
- On Display at Nevill Hall Hospital
- Conversations / Future Selves