25 staff and patients joined in with members of Growing Space to produce willow hearts. The group were shown how to make the shape and then weave different sizes and colours of freshly cut willow to make a heart to take home.
Staff observed that: “One of our inpatients who has been struggling quite a lot on the ward, to see him produce such a lovely piece to give to his daughter was magical.”
It was great to see: “How much the patients enjoyed it and how their interaction with staff was so different”
This workshop is part of a series of Art and Horticulture sessions for positive mental health and wellbeing funded by Gwent Arts in Health and FUSION. More workshops are planned for the future when we can meet again.
Thanks to Amanda and the Talygarn Staff for a great afternoon!
- Jazzy the Giraffe Christmas Cards!
- A Candlelit Christmas Concert
- Torfaen Arts - Group Show
- Shaun Ray - Musicpainting
- New Art in Ophthalmology, Royal Gwent Hospital
- @NHH: Sue Hunt & Paul Crompton
- On Show 2022
- On Show: Usk Art Club
- On Show: Glenn Carney
- On Display at Nevill Hall Hospital
- Conversations / Future Selves