Welsh assembly government ministers Dr Brian Gibbons AM and Alan Pugh AM endorsed the importance of the arts within healthcare settings at a major conference held in Cardiff in December.
A draft strategy on arts for health and wellbeing was discussed at the conference attended by over 150 artists, NHS and local authority representatives across Wales. Dr Gibbons said "Arts can play a preventive role for people who are not mentally or physically ill, but who may be vulnerable to illness for various reasons. Involvement in arts activities can encourage individuals to look after themselves physically and help prevent illness developing". The final strategy is expected to be published in June 2007. Read the article on the Arts Council of Wales site.
- Jazzy the Giraffe Christmas Cards!
- A Candlelit Christmas Concert
- Torfaen Arts - Group Show
- Shaun Ray - Musicpainting
- New Art in Ophthalmology, Royal Gwent Hospital
- @NHH: Sue Hunt & Paul Crompton
- On Show 2022
- On Show: Usk Art Club
- On Show: Glenn Carney
- On Display at Nevill Hall Hospital
- Conversations / Future Selves