National Theatre Wales
Outpatient Department, Royal Gwent Hospital, Cardiff Road, Newport NP20 2UB
21-22 July 2018, times vary
As Long as the Heart Beats will be a site-located, theatrical journey inspired by the Outpatient Department at Royal Gwent Hospital. Drawing on the many stories NTW have collected from people across Wales, this brand new production will celebrate the dedication and care provided every day by the NHS.
In intimate groups, the audience will be invited to hear stories from staff and patients sharing their experiences of the first 70 years of the NHS, including some of the groundbreaking work performed here in Wales.
Featuring specially-composed music and interactive elements, co-directed by Marcus Romer and Ben Tinniswood with original music by Tic Ashfield, As Long as the Heart Beats has care and compassion at its heart, just like the NHS itself.
Age guidance: 12+: More information and tickets.
- Jazzy the Giraffe Christmas Cards!
- A Candlelit Christmas Concert
- Torfaen Arts - Group Show
- Shaun Ray - Musicpainting
- New Art in Ophthalmology, Royal Gwent Hospital
- @NHH: Sue Hunt & Paul Crompton
- On Show 2022
- On Show: Usk Art Club
- On Show: Glenn Carney
- On Display at Nevill Hall Hospital
- Conversations / Future Selves