Garth are joining in Newport’s newest arts trail weekend by giving a guided tour of some of the old and new artwork in St Woolos Hospital on Friday 23rd November at 3pm.
The tour will feature recent work by students from the University of Wales Creative & Therapeutic Arts BA (Hons) course. ‘Nurture (2017)’ and ‘NHS: Yours. Theirs. Ours (2018)’ are group exhibitions of artwork responding to ‘Open Call’ briefs which involved working with staff and patients and resulted in a varied response to these topics.
Work from other wards and projects will also be on display including Sycamore Ward's Inter-generational project led by Artist Andrea Carney. The display will be on show from Friday to Sunday, 11am – 5pm, and Andrea will be demonstrating her work from 10-12pm on Saturday 24th November. Sycamore’s display and Andrea’s work will be in Main Reception, St Woolos (Stow Hill Entrance).
- Jazzy the Giraffe Christmas Cards!
- A Candlelit Christmas Concert
- Torfaen Arts - Group Show
- Shaun Ray - Musicpainting
- New Art in Ophthalmology, Royal Gwent Hospital
- @NHH: Sue Hunt & Paul Crompton
- On Show 2022
- On Show: Usk Art Club
- On Show: Glenn Carney
- On Display at Nevill Hall Hospital
- Conversations / Future Selves